Публикации интересных статей
Ответить
QB21
QBнец
Контактная информация:

Сообщение 29 сен 2006, Пт 12:53

Are you people interested in what manufacturers claim about their springs? I for one, am very interested.
As a consumer, you want to know what is a good set of springs for your big cams. And you do not know where to ask, or who to trust for advice. So most people use common sense, and call manufacturer of the cams. And that manufacturer wants to tell you what works well. So they will usually tell you that only their springs work with their cams and that if you use any other springs, you might risk piston to valve clearances.

The manufacturers are EXACTLY right. You have to do your homework if you want to use a different companies spring than the manufacturers of the cams you bought. So, I have done my homework for you. I have tried to gather some useful information for you all and please folks, do not take my tests as the bottom line. I encourage all of you to research it for yourselves.

Here is the findings...all are using proper installed height/per manufacturer

Company Toda JUN Honda (Type-R) WEB Portflow
Spring Pressure installed N/A 51 lbs 50 lbs 50 lbs 70 lbs
Spring Pressure 11MM lift 174 lbs 178 lbs 140 lbs 176 lbs 180 lbs
Spring Pressure 11.5MM lift 181 lbs 187 lbs 150 lbs 183 lbs 188 lbs
Spring Pressure 12 MM lift 188 lbs 195 lbs 158 lbs (bind) 190 lbs 195 lbs
Spring Pressure 12.5MM lift 190 lbs bind bound 198 lbs 204 lbs
xx Thousands before bind 12.5MM 40k left 12MM 27k left 11.5MM 20k left 12.5MM 27k left 12.5MM 20k to bind
**1.325 installed **1.340 installed height **1.320 installed height **read package **1.320 installed height
The results are clear. Now you know about pressure and springs. Look like all of these springs except the Honda Springs will work for a 12MM lift cams. I do not recommend to use Web valve springs with Toda Spec B's or up cams. But any other cams, the kit works well. Portflow Springs are a great product. And Toda makes a well tested spring as well. Jun springs work great with Jun Cams, but you have to have the correct installed height. This is very important.
If anyone wants a quality head ported by Portflow equipped with great valve train, I encourage you to contact me and I can take your order, and ship it back to you in a short time.

I want to thank Tom from Portflow for the testing done on all of the above. Good guy. He knows what he is doing.

And that concludes another Import Review test.

Ответить